The Admissions & Registrar Department recruits, enrolls, and advises applicants by providing information about Florida Global University programs. Admissions representatives coordinate and manage open houses, school presentations, and events for local affiliates. The Admissions & Registrar Department adheres to all policies and procedures of state and federal agencies.
Florida Global University is committed to providing a high-quality education to all students without regard to race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, age, disability, national origin, veteran status, marital status or political affiliation.
How to Apply
Applicants to any Florida Global University program are required to submit an information request form prior to being interviewed by an admissions representative. Applicants may visit campus to receive the form, or find it online at www.fgu-edu.com.
The Admissions & Registrar Department verifies that an applicant meets the basic requirements for the chosen program. If necessary, the applicant then takes the required assessment/entrance test.
The applicant will receive a read only electronic formatted copy of the current and complete Florida Global University Catalog by email.
Following the opportunity to review the Florida Global University Catalog and understanding all financial responsibilities and program cost, an enrollment agreement is signed and dated by the student. An authorized Florida Global University official shall sign and date the enrollment agreement constituting admission into the University. A copy of the enrollment agreement shall be provided to the applicant.
Application for Admission
All persons interested in applying for admission to the University must complete the
“Enrollment Agreement.” The application must be accompanied by a non-refundable required application fee of $250.00 (check, money order, or credit card) to process the application. The check/money order should be made payable to Florida Global University.
There are two (2) different options to complete and send the Application:
The application is available online at our website, www.fgu-edu.com The applicant can click on Application Online or Apply Now, complete the application and submit it through the Internet. In the last step of this process the applicant may pay online using your credit card.
Or if desired, the application, check or money order can be mailed to:
Florida Global University
10422 NW 31st Terrace Doral, Florida 33178 USA
Each newly accepted student must attend a mandatory orientation. Florida Global University seeks to admit only those candidates who exhibit a genuine commitment to advancement and sincere desire to become professionals in their field of study.
Florida Global University reserves the right to deny enrollment, if the University deems that an applicant’s proof of graduation cannot be authenticated or verified.
Individuals transferring from others colleges and universities are welcome at FGU. Transfer applicants must meet all the regular admission requirements of FGU. Florida Global University’s transfer policy is designed to reward prior educational efforts. Individuals who have earned credit at other colleges or universities are encouraged to find out which courses may apply in the FGU program they are considering. Individuals may seek advice before registering, if they have any doubt about the content equivalence of the courses to be taken. FGU may grant transfer credit from all external sources as follows:
- A maximum of 90 credit hours may be applied to a FGU Bachelor’s degree program.
- A maximum of 9 credit hours may be applied to a FGU Master’s degree program.
- A maximum than 60 credit hours may be applied to a FGU bachelor’s degree from an accredited two-year college.
Transfer Credits from Other Colleges and Universities
Florida Global University will evaluate transfer credit from colleges and/or universities on a course-by-course basis. Credits will only be accepted if the grade earned was at least a “C”. Transfer of credit is at the discretion of FGU, there is no guarantee of credits from one institution to FGU.
Transfer Credits from Educational Experiences/ Military Service
FGU grants credit for study completed in service schools on the basis of recommendations made by the American Council on Education (ACE) in its Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services. Such credit is granted only if it is applicable to the individual’s chosen program. Ordinarily, such credit may not be applied toward the general education requirements. Recommendations made by ACE for vocational or technical credit are considered on the same basis as, and with the same limitations as, those placed in nonmilitary sources of credit.
Transfer Credits from International Colleges and Universities
Transfer credits from international colleges or universities may be accepted if the courses meet the requirements of the FGU corresponding degree program. International students transferring credits to FGU should first send their records to the evaluating agency:
Josef Silny & Associates
7101 SW 102 Avenue Miami, Florida 33173, USA
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
Email: [email protected]
If records are not in English, Josef Silny & Associates will translate and evaluate them. A report of this evaluation must be sent directly to FGU from Josef Silny & Associates. An equivalent grade point average should be calculated in this evaluation.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to provide all necessary documentation to the evaluating agency above. The Applicant is responsible for all costs for this evaluation and certification. All evaluation and certification must be in registrar’s office no later than the beginning of the student’s 3rd term.
The records to be evaluated include:
- Diploma(s) (if applicable) and Official transcript(s) for all courses taken at university level.
- Certificates earned or completed.
- Transfer credits from international colleges or universities will be evaluated on a course-by-course basis.
Credit by Examination
At the present time, FGU does not provide credit by Examination, credit for prior learning, or life experience.
Florida Global University provides students with the documents they might need online.
Detailed information about almost every aspect of our University — all in one handy PDF file.
- Student Handbook
An useful guide for every student, whether the student is a new or a veteran one. Everything you need to know in one place!
- Transcript Request
If you’re in need of your Official Grades Transcript, you can download and fill this form. The instructions for the request are inside the docume
All applicants to a degree program must meet the following general requirements even if they meet the specific requirements for each program:
- All applicants must have turned 18 years of age. In the case of the minority, the application of the applicant must be accompanied by a formal authorization from the parents or legal guardians.
- All applicants must complete the entrance interview
- Enrollment Agreement must be completed.
- When the applicant has completed secondary education outside the United States, they must provide a copy of the diploma received upon completion of their secondary education, GED test or similar document.
The applicant is exempt from providing evidence of the completion of secondary studies if he can provide the following:
- A degree obtained in an educational institution recognized by the Department of Education of the United States, or
- Official transcripts of credits obtained in a university recognized by the Department ofEducation of the United States, or
- An evaluation of the official transcripts when the studies were conducted outside the United States. The evaluation must be done by an Evaluation Agency recognized by the Department of Education that certifies that the degree or credits obtained are equivalent to a degree/credits earned in a higher education institution in the United States, or Provide an official transcript from another post-secondary school authorized by the Department of Education if the applicant intends to transfer credits.
- If the documents are from a country whose language is not English, they must be translated into English before the evaluation process.
Acceptable postsecondary education institutions include:
- Institutions recognized by the United States Department of Education, or
- Institutions recognized by the Department / Ministry of Education of the country of origin of the institution in question.
The programs are taught in English or Spanish. If you are a student you choose to take the program in English and your first language is not English, the student must show proof of proficiency in the English language.
Applicants may be accepted in to select programs after the published start date of each term up to the last day of the ADD/DROP period. The Office of Academic Affairs shall review each request on an individual basis. Should an applicant be accepted, they are responsible to make-up all missed assignments by the end of the first week of enrollment.
Bachelor of Science Degree Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission into an undergraduate program must have:
- Submit a High School Diploma, GED, or proof of secondary education.
- Submit a completed Admissions Application.
- Submit an Updated Resume.
- Submit a valid Government Issued ID.
- Submit a $250.00 Application Fee.
- Online students must have access to the Internet.
Master Admission Requirements
Applicants seeking admission into a graduate program must have:
- An undergraduate degree from a state licensed, or a government recognized U.S college or university, or an equivalent degree from college or university outside of the United States.
- Official transcripts from the university or college where the undergraduate degree was granted (Must be original documents not copies of the documents).
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0.
- Completed enrollment agreement.
- Application fee of $250.00
- Online students must have access to the Internet.
The Faculty and University share the disappointment of not accepting all applicants and realizes admission denials are difficult for applicants to receive. Many factors are considered during the decision process to include meeting minimum admission requirements, previous academic history,test scores, personal statements, essays and professionalism during individual interviews, communication and meetings throughout the admission process.
If you feel your individual circumstances were not sufficiently accommodated in the application process, you may appeal the admission decision. Please submit the appeal to:
Florida Global University
ATTN: Office of Academic Affairs, Appeals
2550 NW 100th Ave, Doral, Fl 33172
A committee will review all appeals and respond back to the applicant within 30 days of the appeal being received in the Office of Academic Affairs.